Medieval Greek Summer Session at the Gennadius Library
The Gennadius Library offers qualified graduate students enrolled in a graduate program in any field of late antique, post-antique, Byzantine or medieval studies at any university worldwide and to professors from any university worldwide, who have no access to the instruction of Medieval Greek in their home institutions, a four-week program in intermediate level Medieval Greek language and philology at the Gennadius Library, with site and museum trips. The program is held every other year with the next session scheduled for the summer of 2017.
- Submit the application form online by January 15, 2017. Link to the application form.
- Application fee of $25. You will be automatically directed to the PayPal website to make your payment when you submit the online form. Payment will be accepted by credit card, e-check, or bank transfer. Further instructions are provided on the online application.
- Names and contact information for two people (your academic advisor and Greek language teacher) who are willing to write recommendation letters.
- College professors and Ph.D.s should be prepared to attach a copy of their curriculum vitae (saved as doc, docx or pdf) to the application form.
- Students are required to submit academic transcripts, scanned from the originals issued to the candidate in legible pdf form, as part of the online application.
- Recommendation forms will automatically appear after submitting the application. Fill out and send to your recommenders.
Please understand that the application form you will be completing CANNOT BE SAVED while you are filling it out. In other words, you cannot begin a form and return to it at a later time. We would advise you to prepare the items on the checklist before beginning the application process. The sample application form has also been provided for you to review the questions and procedures involved for attaching additional application material. By preparing this ahead of time, you can complete your online application in one sitting. At the end of the application you will be prompted to print or save a copy of it for your file.