Application to the ASCSA Summer Seminars
Greek Sculpture Up Close
JUNE 12 TO JUNE 30, 2017
PRESENTED BY PROFESSOR MARK FULLERTON
Myth On Site
JULY 6 TO JULY 24, 2017
PRESENTED BY PROFESSOR CHRISTINA SALOWEY
DEADLINE: JANUARY 15
The new Summer Seminars of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens are two 18-day sessions designed for those who wish to study specific topics in Greece and visit major monuments with exceptional scholars as study leaders, and to improve their understanding of the country’s landscape, history, literature, and culture. Enrollment is open to graduate and advanced undergraduate students and to high school and college instructors of classics and related subjects and each seminar is limited to twenty participants. The language of instruction is English. Applicants who are not enrolled or teaching at English-speaking colleges, universities, or schools, are required to supply acceptable evidence of proficiency in English. Applications accepted for one or both seminars.
APPLICATION TO THE SUMMER SEMINARS
Admission to the Summer Seminar is granted on the basis of academic performance and letters of recommendation. We strongly encourage you to review the sample application below before filling out the online application form. Please understand that the application form you will be completing CANNOT BE SAVED while you are filling it out. In other words, you cannot begin a form and return to it at a later time. We would advise you to prepare the items on the checklist before beginning the application process. The sample application form has been provided for you to review the questions and procedures involved for attaching additional application material. By preparing this ahead of time, you can complete your online application in one sitting.
Download the sample application form (PDF).
- Submit the application form online by January 15. Link to application form.
- At the end of the application you will be prompted to print or save a copy of it for your file.
- Names and contact information for two individuals who would be willing to provide recommendation letters.
- Applicants arrange for the online submission of two letters of recommendation by sending recommenders this recommendation form. Letters of recommendation are due by January 15.
- High school teachers and college professors should be prepared to attach a copy of their curriculum vitae (saved as doc, docx, or pdf) to the application form.
- Student applicants are required to submit undergraduate and graduate transcripts, scanned from the originals issued to the candidate in legible pdf format, as part of the online application. Please be sure to name the file "LastnameTranscripts.pdf" (e.g. SmithTranscripts.pdf)
For additional questions or information, contact Committee on the Summer Sessions at email@example.com.