Processing Forms the Gennadius Library Summer Session
COVID Regulations and Entry into Greece
There are no COVID-related entry requirements for arrival into Greece. As of Sunday May 1, 2022 and for as long as the epidemiological data allow so, all travellers arriving in Greece, regardless of their country of origin, are no longer required to display a valid certificate of vaccination or recovery from COVID-19, or evidence of a negative test result from SARS-CoV-2 infection (PCR or Rapid Antigen test).
Click here for information about entry into Greece from the US.
Click here for information from the Greek government about arrival into Greece (for US and other nationalities).
Click here for information about the ASCSA and COVID Policies.
COVID vaccinations are no longer required, but participants in School programs are strongly encouraged to keep up to date with both COVID and flu vaccinations. Be sure to check before leaving for Greece that you have the current boosters. It is very difficult for non-citizens to receive vaccinations in Greece. The ASCSA requires all program participants to be fully vaccinated for Tetanus/Diphtheria (must be within 10 years). We strongly recommend vaccinations for Meningitis, and Hepatitis A and B. (See below for more information.)
Masks are required on public transit (buses, metro, taxis) in Greece, so you should come prepared. Masks are available for purchase at pharmacies and grocery stores in Greece. The School reserves the right to institute masking requirements as the situation warrants.
Note about Visas
Most citizens of the U.S. or Canada do not need a special visa to travel in Greece during the summer. However, any U.S. or Canadian citizen who plans to spend more than 90 days during a six-month period in Greece and/or any other member of the Schengen Area (currently, Austria, Belgium, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland) within a six-month period must obtain a special visa BEFORE entry into the Schengen zone. Any participant who plans to combine, for example, a spring or fall study abroad program with the program may exceed the 90-day limit. Please consult the Assistant Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions regarding visas.
There are two deadlines for the Medieval Greek Summer Session:
Failure to complete and return required forms in a timely manner may have consequences.
MARCH 30 DEADLINE (2 tasks):
Deposit of $200 is due March 30
The deposit will be refunded to you upon completion of the program. The refund will be processed the way you paid, for example, if you paid via credit card, we will refund that credit card upon completion the program.
Refund Policy: Participants who withdraw after May 1 will not receive a refund of deposit or fees, unless the ASCSA is able to fill the vacancy in which case the candidate would receive a full refund of fees minus the initial deposit. Participants are urged to purchase trip cancellation insurance.
There are five ways to make a payment for the deposit and balance of fees:
- Online by credit card (via PayPal with no existing registered PayPal account (i.e. check out as a guest)):
- Please link to: https://ascsa.wufoo.com/forms/ascsa-paypal-payment-form/. Once you complete the form and press "SUBMIT," you will be automatically directed to a PayPal page where you can enter your credit card information. No need to create a PayPal account to use this method of payment if you click "Pay with Debit or Credit Card." Note that you may need to unclick the button on the bottom of the page that says "Save info & create your PayPal account," if you do not wish to create an account with PayPal.
- By linking to this form you may also pay with e-check or bank transfer, but if you pay by e-check or bank transfermust then you must create a PayPal account or log into your PayPal account.
- Online via PayPal (with existing or registered PayPal account):
- Step 1: Proceed to PayPal to process your payment: www.paypal.com. It is quick and easy, and instructions on how to do this are included on the PayPal website. You will need to create an account with PayPal.
- Step 2: Once you are logged into PayPal, please click "Send & Request" in the blue bar at the top of the page. You will see a form that says "Send money to." In the box below "Send money to," type or paste this email address: email@example.com. Then click "next." Sending funds to this email address will send your payment directly to the ASCSA where it will be received by the Accountant (B. Julian).
- Step 3: Type in the amount to be paid. Underneath the amount, where it says "note," write the name of the Summer Program for which you are paying.
- Step 4: Select your method of payment, then click "Send Payments Now."
- You will receive a confirmation message from PayPal letting you know your payment was processed. Note: You will not receive an automatic email confirming your payment from the ASCSA.
- Online via Zelle:
- The information you may need to complete a Zelle payment is:
Business name: Trustees of the American School of Classical Studies at Athens (might be abbreviated)
Routing number: 021000021
Account Number: 9102737211
Account Type: Checking
- Pay by credit card over the phone, you may call 1-609-454-6824.
- Pay by check:
- Make check payable to "The American School of Classical Studies at Athens" making a note about the Summer Program for which you are paying. Send to:
ATTN: Programs Office, Summer Program Payment
321 Wall Street
Princeton, NJ 08540
Complete One Online Form
Complete the online "General Information and Housing Preferences Form"
(Click the form name/link to go to form.)
Due March 30
- Participants will be housed in shared apartments in the Pangrati neighborhood of Athens, which we lease from the College Year in Athens (CYA). These apartments vary in size, accommodating three to five people, and rooms are either singles or doubles. Traditionally, participants are assigned to apartments according to gender. In the online form linked above, we ask you to select your rooming preference. The apartments are furnished and maintained by CYA and are equipped with basic linens, simple cooking apparatus, and Wi-Fi. All apartments are located close by grocery stores, pharmacies, and restaurants. Most buildings have small elevators. The apartments do not have washing machines or dryers.
- As part of the housing agreement with CYA, you must complete this PDF (linked here). Once you have the document downloaded, type your full name on the space available on the upper left side of page #1 and your name will appear on all 4 pages. PRINT all 4 pages. HAND-SIGN and date the document at the lower left side of page # 3 as indicated. SCAN or take a photo of the signed document. You will upload the completed wavier on the "General Information and Housing Preferences Form" where indicated.
MAY 1 DEADLINE (4 tasks):
Complete Three Online Forms
Each heading below is a hyperlink to the online form.
Passport, Insurance, and Emergency Contact Information
- The secure online submission program (Submittable) follows GDPR rules and regulations. This information is strictly confidential. Information provided will be deleted from the online submission form and our internal records at the end of the program.
- All persons attending the School are required by Greek law to have health insurance that covers medical and pharmaceutical expenses, hospitalization, and medical evacuation/repatriation for the duration of their stay. If you do not have insurance of this type and do not have an insurance agent, you may wish to contact one of the many companies that offer international health and travel insurance coverage. Some past participants purchased an international health/travel insurance plan online, if their current plan did not cover them internationally. Past members have used various companies such as CISI, Chubb, GeoBlue, IMG, Seven Corners, Tokio Marine/World Trips, etc.
- On the form, you are asked to upload a color digital photograph. The photograph should show your head and shoulders against a plain background. The jpg or tif image needs to be 600 x 600 to 1200 x 1200 pixels, not exceeding 1 MB. This will be used to create your ASCSA ID card and museum pass (if applicable). Preferably, it should be a passport style photo. DO NOT UPLOAD YOUR PASSPORT.
Confidential Online Medical Form
- The information provided on the online medical form allows us to begin the process of identifying and arranging accommodations for members as early as possible. This information is strictly confidential and will be reviewed only by the School’s doctor.
Have a physician complete the Physical Examination Report and Immunization Form online
Forms must be submitted by May 1.
NOTE: We require all program participants to be fully vaccinated for Tetanus/Diphtheria (must be within 10 years). We strongly recommend vaccinations for Meningitis, and Hepatitis A and B. Participants are also strongly encouraged to keep up to date with both COVID and flu vaccinations. If you are requesting a medical or religious exemption, alert us as soon as possible and well before the deadline (exepmptions are not guaranteed). Exemptions requested after the form deadline will not be considered.
Provide the links below to your physician. Any medical professional may complete these two online forms, such as a doctor, nurse, RN, etc. The forms will be completed online through Dropbox Sign (previously HelloSign) by the medical professional. This information is strictly confidential and will be reviewed only by the School’s doctor. These forms do not impact your participation or acceptance on a program. If the doctor has any concerns for your wellbeing while attending a program(s), the doctor will reach out to you or the appropriate staff member(s) (only if necessary) to prepare for your time on the program(s).
- Physical report: https://app.hellosign.com/s/IJU8ZKnB.
- Immunization report: https://app.hellosign.com/s/12r3ujno.
Most participants choose to set an appointment with their general physician (or university clinic) for an evaluation/annual physical, at which time a medical professional will complete the forms. Some physicians may wish complete the forms without a physical, but this is usually done if the participant is well known to the medical professional.
If your physician has difficulty with the online forms, they can contact Alicia Dissinger (Princeton, NJ office) at 609-454-6819 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If the physician wishes to complete the forms in hard copy (ie does not want to submit the forms online), they may print the form, complete, sign, and send it in the mail. If the physician will be mailing the form, let Alicia know so she can provide the address.
NOTE: If you completed the Physical Examination Report in 2021 or after 2021, please email email@example.com to inform us that you do not need to resubmit. When you arrive in Athens, notify the doctor about any important updates about your medical records. If you submitted these forms before 2021, you will need to resubmit them to the School.
Report Changes or Unreported Information
Report changes or unreported information to the Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.