The Sanctuary of the Great Gods on the island of Samothrace was a renowned center of religious life in the northern Aegean from the 7th century B.C. until the 4th century A.D., and the mysteries practiced there rank in historical importance with those of Eleusis. From the beginning of Macedonian supremacy, Philip II and his successors embellished the Sanctuary with great buildings of innovative design for both pious and political ends. This series publishes the results of excavations in the Sanctuary conducted by the Institute of Fine Arts, New York University, which were initiated in 1938. The series was formerly published by Princeton University Press; volume 9 is the first volume in the series to be published by the ASCSA.
9: The Monuments of the Eastern Hill, by Bonna D. Wescoat (2017)