Membership in the American School of Classical Studies normally includes the privilege of 24-hour access to the Blegen Library and members receive a special identification card from the Institution.
Blegen library Visitors:
[No new cards are issued during the month of August and no orientations take place]
New visitors’ cards are issued:
Monday and Friday (9:00-10:00)
Monday and Thursday (14:30-15:30).
Due to restrictions imposed by COVID-19 pandemic, first time visitors need to request an appointment to issue visitor's card to email@example.com. Since all visitors are issued swipe cards for signing out the books online, they must submit one small recent photograph of themselves and some proof of their eligibility to use the library (see below the Requirements).
- Members of foreign archaeological schools (including BSA members). Requirements: membership card or or letter from their institution.
- Persons doing post-graduate studies in a department of classics, archaeology, or art history with a specific project directly dealing with classical antiquity. Requirements: letter of introduction from an associate or full professor, giving the subject of the project.
- Persons having completed a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation directly dealing with classical antiquity, from a department of classics, archaeology, or art history. Requirements: letter of introduction from an associate or full professor giving the subject of the thesis or dissertation, or a copy of the diploma.
- Members of the Archaeological Service and Ministry of Culture. Requirements: Identity card or certification indicating affiliation with the Archaeological Service or Ministry.
- University professors of classics, archaeology, or ancient art. Requirements: Identity card or certification indicating affiliation with the university.
Visitors’ cards are renewed October 1st of each year, with proof of current eligibility.
Please contact us at (+30 213 000 2400) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.