First time visitors
To obtain a visitor's card, please email email@example.com to schedule an appointment. Our normal hours for issuing visitors' cards are:
- Monday and Friday (9:00-10:00)
- Monday and Thursday (14:30-15:30)
If these hours are not convenient for you, please let us know and we'll do our best to accommodate your request. Please note that the hours may vary on holidays or other special occasions, but any changes will be announced in advance.
Specific requirements for accessing our library resources are:
- Members of foreign archaeological schools (including BSA members). Requirements: membership card or or letter from their institution.
- Persons doing post-graduate studies in a department of classics, archaeology, or art history with a specific project directly dealing with classical antiquity. Requirements: letter of introduction from an associate or full professor, giving the subject of the project.
- Persons having completed a master’s thesis or doctoral dissertation directly dealing with classical antiquity, from a department of classics, archaeology, or art history. Requirements: letter of introduction from an associate or full professor giving the subject of the thesis or dissertation, or a copy of the diploma.
- Members of the Archaeological Service and Ministry of Culture. Requirements: Identity card or certification indicating affiliation with the Archaeological Service or Ministry.
- University professors of classics, archaeology, or ancient art. Requirements: Identity card or certification indicating affiliation with the university.
Visitors' cards are renewed on October 1st of each year, with proof of current eligibility.
If you have any questions, please contact us at (+30 213 000 2400) or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please bring proof of eligibility and a photo when obtaining your visitor's card.